Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 6 of Being Thankful: A Connection Made!!!

I am thankful for what I do for a living... I am a Speech Language Pathologist and have been working now for 9 years.  I am so grateful to work where I work...do what I do....I love my kids at school so much...They are amazing..

I work with this one little child who is autistic and I think he is just precious...

Today in class we read the story of Hansel and Gretel.... And after the stepmother made their father take them to the woods for the second time to leave them there (abandon them), he looked up at me (in the eye) and put his finger up to his forehead and said, "WOW...that lady has lost it...."

I have thought a lot about how this little guy who has autism...made the connection that someone, a parent had left them alone in the woods...had abandoned their children... this was unbelievable to him...was beyond thinkable to him....

He has been shown love...despite his "special need" he knows what family is, he knows what LOVE is!!!

I had an amazing day!! I am truly thankful!!

1 comment:

  1. and.. it is therapists like you that help us moms and our children to push forward

    ReplyDelete