Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 14 of Thankfulness: Olivia's Doll and My Necklace

Okay!! I am soo sorry I haven't posted in a few days... SUPER BUSY!!! But that's no excuse...I promise I will post 30 things I am thankful for because...well...I am not a quitter!!  I said I would, so I will...

Today I received an awesome package in the mail!! I had ordered Olivia Grace a handmade baby doll for her birthday.. The lady who makes them is actually making them in the province Olivia's orphanage is in in China (the Hunan Province)...Its absolutely beautiful...amazing...awesome... Can you tell I LOVE it!!!

Here it is:

(I took this picture with my phone)

I have already put it in my china cabinet so the boys cant get a hold of it!!  I cant wait to give it to her!!


I also ordered a sterling silver charm and necklace made in China.  Here I am wearing it:



It says "Daughter" in Chinese!!

Every few minutes I kiss it....somehow praying that she will somehow feel my love, my kisses from across the world....

I am sad because she is not here for Thanksgiving...but happy to know this is her last Thanksgiving without us!!


I ordered these two awesome treasures from a company called Jiayin Designs:  Heres what their website says:

The Chinese word jiayin means “good and beautiful news.” What a wonderful way to describe when you first receive your child’s referral and see his or her face and read his or her Chinese name for the first time. Jiayin Designs was created to provide a lasting treasure of that good and beautiful news through custom sterling silver charms made by a jewelry artist in Beijing, China just for you. This artist hand cuts Chinese characters from a sheet of sterling silver and makes them into charms that are one of a kind and stunning.!!


Here is the link:


Go order something!!  You will NOT be disappointed!!!


Happy Thanksgiving EVE!!!


 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out and I'm so glad you love what you ordered! As I side note...Jiayin also is the word used in the Chinese version of Revelation for the phrase "the mystery of God." Seems like the perfect word to use with adoption -- good and beautiful news and the mystery of God. :)

    Have a great Thanksgiving -
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete