Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 3 with Olivia Grace

Today has been more difficult .....I am aching for my boys....I have cried several times today thinking about them and how much I wish I was with them.....then I look at Olivia Grace and I put my big girl panties on and thank God for this time with my daughter...learning each other ....loving each other !!!!


Last night we were determined to have "western food" so we walked 25 minutes along the streets of Changsha to try to find a McDonald's, KFC, or Pizza Hut....sad I know...but it may be a long long time before I am able to go to Chens (chinese place i adore at home) to eat...lol


We found a pizza hut and finally communicated our order and received the best tasting pizza we had eaten in a long time!!


Today we went to an embroidering place..Changsha and the Hunan province are known for its embroidering..it was very interesting and we saw some beautiful things...we bought Olivia Grace something to have in her room!!


I find myself in constant speech therapy mode....Olivia has yet to make a sound...she has a cleft palate and I was expecting this to some degree but I want her to babble, coo, something...I will try some techniques and attempts to get her to make sounds...then I pull back and realize we are still in the learning to trust stage..i take off my SLP hat and put on my new mommy hat!!


She does seem not as sad today...more smiles....not as nervous.....


Continue to pray for us....love to you all!!














 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Keep on Keep'n on! God is Good...All the Time...in the deepest of Valleys...God is Good! God Bless you all! My prayers will continue for all of you as you knit your family together as a new whole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. ;)We're behind you and more importantly God is with you and helping you. Praying that he will bring words to speak to little Olivia Grace and give you exactly what you need as her mom and dad each moment. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete