Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Beijing Day 1

We have had a great first full day in Beijing. We toured a lot today. Our guide Alice is awesome!!! So nice and sweet! We toured Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Hutong area including a rickshaw ride, and saw a Kung Fu Show!! Really busy day....to be honest I fell asleep during Kung fu show.....so tired.. We are 12 hours ahead of y'all...but our bodies hasn't quite caught on yet....Below are some pics of today...



This is us on the rickshaw ride in Hutong!!




We are in an authentic Chinese restaurant that Alice took us too...She was trying to show us how to
use chopsticks and when we looked up a table full of Chinese men began to laugh...it was funny...we were the only Americans in a building full of Chinese men and women and we didn't know how to use their "fork".....








Chris said to tell you this is just an old tree!!..it's actually called a couples tree...it's in the Forbidden City!!

We got to visit the very nice lady's home...very sweet!!


This is a view from the rickshaw ride!!





This is outside the Forbidden City!!


This is the entrance to the Forbidden City!

Representing Springmore in Beijing China!!





Everybody wanted their picture made with Chris....not so much me...when I asked why not me?? Alice said its because I don't look American enough??? What??? Lol





I am reading this book called Kisses from Katie and I want to end with a quote from the book:

"This is not a life that I dreamed up on my own or even knew I desired. I am watching God work, and as I "delight myself in the Lord" by doing what he asks of me and by saying yes to the needs He places in front of me, He is changing the desires of my heart and aligning them with the desires of His. As I go with Him to the hard places, He changes them into the most beautiful joyful places I could imagine."


LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!



 

2 comments:

  1. So glad things are going well. Beautiful pictures! Loving getting to follow your journey. Love from the Carpenter house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, love your blog! I am in your DTC group. :) I LOVE the quote you ended with, I must go look for that book! Safe travels, can't wait to see pictures of your Gotcha day!!!Sending up prayers for you guys. Cindy

    ReplyDelete