Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!

Dear Olivia Grace,

Today is your very first birthday.  Today has been a harder day for me.  I have been kind of feeling sorry for myself lately.  I want you here with us!! I am not a very patient person.. But I realize that God's timing is perfect.  It's not what I want but what HE wants.. But I am human.. I have realized lately that I am missing lots of your "firsts".  However, a sweet lady reminded me that when your birthday comes around again... You WILL be with your family FOREVER...This will be your last birthday without us.  We will experience so many more of your "firsts" together.

This morning Jackson ran down the stairs and began singing Happy Birthday to You... He was so excited.. Benjamin is pretty much like, "Are we not going to get her today?  Today's her birthday Mama... Call China and tell them we are coming to get her."  Trying to explain why we can't come get you yet to a 3 year old is hard.

Today at work, one of my friends and coworker brought a cake that said, "Happy Birthday Olivia Grace." It meant so much to me.  I am surrounded by such great people.  I hope you enjoyed your present and your cake we sent to you.. I pray someone at the orphanage held you extra close today and whispered to you that your family is coming soon.

You are always on my mind and I pray for you many times each day.  We love you so very much and wish you a Happy Birthday!!

Love,

Your Mama

1 comment: