Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Decision-Part 1

About a year and half ago, I went and stayed with one of my best friends who had just recently given birth to twin girls.  That night I rocked one little girl on my lap and and had another one in my arms. As I looked into their beautiful eyes, I prayed Lord do you want me to get pregnant again?  I wondered if I could go through all of that again (I had terrible pregnancies)?  That night I thought, maybe I should just get pregnant again.  The very next day I went and did an IEP meeting for another speech therapist at another school who was out with surgery.  I had never met the student or his family. As we began the meeting, the mom asked if I cared if her children came in the room during the meeting.  I said sure. The next thing I knew I was surrounded by 5 children she had adopted from China.  I thought, Ok God, is that a slap you in the face kind of sign?  I went home and talked to my husband.  I told him that I think God wants us to adopt a child from China.  I wish you could of seen his face.  Let's just say he wasn't initially as on board as I was.  We decided that night we would just continue to pray for his guidance.  We were so very thankful for our two boys.  HE had blessed us beyond belief.  We were just so scared at this point and wanted to be sure that this was what HE really wanted for our lives.  I believe looking back he began planting this seed at the Awakening and he continued to water and grow this love and need to help the orphans of the world throughout the next three years.

“We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.  But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God’s very own hands.”  Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment