Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Decision-Part 2

I want to fast forward to this past August 30.  I received a text message from a friend of mine.  She saw a little girl on the rainbow kids website and thought of us.  She was one of the few people who knew we had been praying about adopting.  Her exact words were "is this your little girl?"  To be honest, I just about dropped the phone.  Chris was out of town and I didn't know what to do.  I could not wait until I got home to look at her face.  When I did see her face, I felt a huge tug toward her.  I thought, "huh oh."  I asked for her file the next day to review it.  Keep in mind Chris would not be home for another two days.  When he did get home, I told him I needed to show him something.  That night we talked and prayed for about 4-5 hours and decided to proceed with the adoption.  We felt God was moving in a mighty powerful way and we would follow him wherever he would lead.  The next day I emailed the agency and they responded, "I am sorry but her file was "locked" by another agency.  We were beyond devastated.  They told us we needed to wait 72 hours to see if her file became available again.  On the following Monday, we received an email stating, "Congratulations" that they had locked her file.. The very next day I received another email stating that for some reason a "hold" instead of a "lock" was placed on her file. Her file was on a shared list between many adoption agencies.  To say I was upset would have been an understatment.  The adoption agency asked if we wanted them to find another child for us or if we wanted to wait to see if she would become available again.  We said without hesitation we wanted to see if her file would become available again.  For some reason we just knew this beautiful little girl was our little girl.  Exactly 72 hours later her file, the little girl we prayed over and asked God for his guidance became available and she was officially "locked" for us.  PRAISE THE LORD! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Love hearing these stories! She's beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete