Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Olivia Grace

Dear Olivia,

Merry Christmas!! I have thought about you often today...We went to pick out our hallmark 2011 ornament yesterday and the boys picked out one that we put your picture in that says, "cute as a button."  Oh how I wish you were here..  It seems so strange to know that I have a daughter and she can't be here with me.. People call this stage in adoption the "paper pregnancy."  Well, I dont like it one bit....

We are still waiting on one piece of the "puzzle" and then we will send our dossier to China.  Oh how I wish it would come... Tomorrow is Jesus' birthday...I can't wait to tell you all about him...He was born in a manger to a man and woman named Mary and Joseph....He later died on a cross for all of us and our sins...but I will get to that later!

Tonight I want to tell you about a little girl who was adopted by a wonderful family in our church.  Her middle name was Grace also.  Last winter she became sick and later she went on to be with Jesus.  She was the most precious little girl...She was in Benjamin's mission friends class and part of our children's church group.. I became very close to her....When she passed away, it was a very sad time...Her family had a memorial service for her at our church.. When I left there that day, I knew that I wanted to adopt a baby girl...She was an inspiration to us all...I picture her today sitting on Jesus' lap and looking up at him with her sweet smile....

When we picked out your name I knew I wanted to name you after her...That is where we got your "Grace" in Olivia Grace!!!

You never know what life can bring we just have to trust the Lord everyday!!  I pray for you day and night baby girl!!! I love you!!  I can not wait until next Christmas until you are with us!!

Merry Christmas!!

Your Mama

1 comment:

  1. Chris, Jamie, and the boys- we can't wait to meet Olivia Grace. I know that Emma-Grace would have loved being her honorary big sister here on earth. As much as we miss her and wish she was still with us, we would not bring her back. We know in our hearts she is in the most wonderful place. I too imagine she is sitting on Jesus lap. We are so thankful she is no longer sick. So even though she is not here in person, her beautiful spirit lives in all of us who loved her. I know that includes your family. Thank you for remembering our precious little Grace (gift) in naming your beautiful new daughter Olivia Grace. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete