Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Mama

These next two posts are going to be all about my Mama!!! 

Oh how I love my Mama!!


I am one lucky girl.  I could go on and on about her!!

 She has not had the easiest life but has worked her fanny off to get where she is today!!

When I went away to college, she decided it was time for her to get her degree also (She was forty years old then)!  She went to the local community college and got her two year degree.  Then she went on to get her Bachelor's in history (from UNCC). 

She is now a history teacher at the high school where I graduated from (and a National Board Certified Teacher)!!


Last Friday she graduated from Appalachian State University with her MASTER'S!!!
(She wouldn't want me to put this...but she's fifty-something!)




This post is about the PARTY that her student's organized and had for her to congratulate her on her new degree!! 

  I love all of these emotions:


SHOCK! (What the heck?)


SURPRISED!





HAPPY TEARS!


OFFICIALLY LOSING IT!!! lol


PROUD!



My mama taught me that no matter what your age, circumstances, etc...you can achieve your goals...you can be anything you want to be.....you can make a difference in someone's life!!

I love you Mama!




Next Post:  Her graduation!!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful, Jamie. I love it. Your mom is a terrific inspiration to all of us. ;)

    ReplyDelete